Citizen Centricity is the philosophy of empowering citizens with data from across their lives and enabling them to use it as they see fit, sharing it with organizations, products, and services they choose.
When citizens have greater ownership of their data, they can see it, start to understand it, and, importantly, share it, consent, and re-consent to its use.
This can be a win-win for citizens who want greater utility from their data and organizations seeking to provide data-driven products and services.
Achieving this aim can be perceived as challenging; however, the first simplest step is giving data back to individuals, which can be facilitated through apps, portals, etc. Ultimately, it is the underlying APIs that liberate the data and catalyze innovation.
Given the government appetite to expand the UK data economy and unmet need in health, there exists a great deal of investment and grants in this area. Notably the UKRI
- Smart Data Research UK - UKRI
Example projects and experience
Over 20 years experience in and around health technology gained through various positions and projects, including 7 years in the NHS. Relevant examples include :
- eRedbook PHR (Personal Child Health Record) with Microsoft on HealthVault
- digi.me personal data platform
- EU Horizon 2020 My Health My Data (MHMD) Biomedical Exchange
- Working with pharma to explore the role of patient data in research
- Supporting industry innovators with product development
Do you need support?
If you have a particular need within your team please feel free to reach out and discuss your requirements. Support can be provided in a number of areas including :
- Shaping, strategy, plans and business development
- Guidance and advice for project/product development
- Input to bid development
- Project / product delivery
Flexible arrangements to meet your specific needs. Choose from single-day(s), block draw down arrangements, or regular monthly commitment.Get in touch